So here we are with our new Project at school. The question is what is it about? This project is for our thesis in where we(my group) will make a software that can be useful by us and other people. We basically start from scratch but if there are other open source programs, we can use it and add some features that are not currently available in that open source. We are given 2 semesters to finish it. Now we are currently at the 1st semester so we don't have to finish the program in its entirety. The only thing we are required to finish is that to prove if that proposed project is really doable, possible, programmable, and technical. Hardware stuff isn't included in this project because we only concentrate in the application program. My groupmates and me currently have this proposal about USB drive security system that includes encryption of files, locking of folders inside the drive, password protected drive and etc but as I searched the web, I found that there are one to many already made softwares that have features more technical than what we might have thought of. We haven't set a platform for our project yet though. Me and my classmates have common ideas for USB drive and Phone softwares. I'm asking you for suggestions on what program we can do that is technical enough for a thesis. Since we here have common interests of technology, maybe you might have a good idea for an interesting topic. :D

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

This is probably the best-written project idea request I've seen on this forum.

The answer, of course, is to figure it out yourself :-)

A good way to think of an idea is to just think of bad ideas. Just make a list of ideas that you don't want to do -- that will get you into the frame of mind where you can think of something that you personally will enjoy.

You can implement USB dongle .

A good way to think of an idea is to just think of bad ideas. Just make a list of ideas that you don't want to do -- that will get you into the frame of mind where you can think of something that you personally will enjoy.

Lol! Thanks for the compliment.. So the topics we have in mind is:
- USB Firewall
- Computer Customization and Assembly System

You think any of this is okay?

I think they're boring, but you can do what you want.

In our consultation, our adviser said that the USB portable firewall was impossible unless we prove it otherwise because the modern anti viruses today blocks the autorun.inf of the usb drive from execution or automatically deletes it without even having signs of harmful intrusion. Therefore, the program we are trying to make cannot be executed. What we mean of portable usb firewall is that it acts as a firewall for the usb to block the harmful viruses from the computer that is why it needs to be implemented on the usb's autorun. The PC configuration as someone said was boring because it doesn't include any technical programming because it's just full of simple database queries. So thats it, we have to think of another topic.

i need help about my thesis . currently i m doing m.tech. from indian university.now i want to do my thesis in computer network field.
please suggest me about latest topic for the thesis.
i shall be thankful for ur help.
thanks

> i shall be thankful for ur help.
But your future employers won't be.
They're looking for people who can think for themselves, and you're failing badly.

Hello..May i know who are computer science thesis advisers here? or those who know how to write thesis?

commented: Those who know how to write them have written them and aren't sharing -1

>>who are computer science thesis advisers here

No-one.

>>or those who know how to write thesis

How about YOU write YOUR OWN thesis? :icon_wink:

hi everyone can anybody give an example of an automated system for a school? the most uncommon one. thanks

hi everyone can anybody give an example of an automated system for a school? the most uncommon one. thanks

commented: stop posting this everywhere -1

closed. You've warned enough by now.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.