Hello, I'm a complete alien so some questions may be too evident.

I'd like to get a degree in computer graphics (something like physically-based animation and rendering) in a major American university. I'm a Russian national with German residency, never been to US. I already have a degree in applied mathematics and 7 years of experience as a software engineer in Russia and Germany (not directly related to computer graphics). That makes my question complicated, since I don't need most of the courses for a computer science degree (I only need those directly related to computer graphics). What should I do? Which university to apply? Is it actually possible? Whom should I speak to? An advisor or a specific professor or another faculty member?

How much may it cost? I have 20.000-30.000$ to spend.

I'd like to get a degree in computer graphics (something like physically-based animation and rendering) in a major American university.

My ex-roommate is getting a PhD in this subject. It sounds like you want to get a masters degree. I don't personally know what grad schools are good for computer graphics, and I avoided the grad school game, so I can't help you, other than to give the general statement that you want to look for a university whose cs department has a good computer graphics program. You probably should ask in a computer graphics-specific forum (i.e. not one that is on daniweb.com -- a forum where the entire website is devoted to computer graphics).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.