andrei4002 0 Newbie Poster

hello everyone

i have a console application, written in c++, let's say called MON, which monitors stuff about the computer (statistics mostly), and sends them to a server.

now i must add more functionality to it (let's call it PRINTMON (inside the MON, or outside in a program/office addin/something - i have no constrains) which must do the following:

when a document gets printed (i'm interested mostly in office word), PRINTMON must send data to MON (if PRINTMON is to be external, i would preffer RPC communication) about:
* what document gets printed
* how many times
* the number of pages
* the user who prints the document etc
* but most importantly, must somehow write/save at the end of the word document, at printing time, a template based registration number which it gets by making a request to MON.

I'm interested in what tools I should use (like what would be the best way to approach this, should I make a separate application, or maybe an office word add-in and after that by what means should PRINTMON communicate with MON)

except modifying the word document part, i kinda got it covered, by adding a module in MON that watches a WMI class for printjobs, but i find the last part very problematic, as I don't even know with what to start documenting about

if anyone has an ideea, please let me know,
thanks