Hi Everyone :)

I know you don't like homework help..but I have tried to answer it and got a resit and now I have no idea!! Can someone please please help me to figure out which ones are correct???
Which of the following statements are correct when considering backing up and saving your data?
a) you dont need to save regulary as auto save will automatically save all documents in the event of power loss
b) backed up data should ideally be stored in a different location from your computer or network
c) backed up files must be restored to the dish before use
d) It is important to save your work regularly as data saved in RAM will be lost in the event of power failure
e) Copying files to a portable drive is a more efficent use of disk space than running a backup program
Choose all that apply...

I'm not sure but I think that it would be B,C,D and E but I'm not sure about E it seems like a trick question and C well does that not depend on how the information is backed up or copied? So frustrating...

I would appreciate any help at all :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Hi Everyone :)

I know you don't like homework help..but I have tried to answer it and got a resit and now I have no idea!!

Considering over 94% of all threads are asking for homework help, I don't understand how you got this idea. As long as you show that you are working on the task in question, we have no problem helping.

What we don't like is people dropping homework on us and asking us to do it for them.

Can someone please please help me to figure out which ones are correct???
I'm not sure but I think that it would be B,C,D and E but I'm not sure about E it seems like a trick question and C well does that not depend on how the information is backed up or copied?

Which of the following statements are correct when considering backing up and saving your data?
a) you dont need to save regulary as auto save will automatically save all documents in the event of power loss

Think carefully about this one. Why do you think it's incorrect?

b) backed up data should ideally be stored in a different location from your computer or network

Yes, this is true.

c) backed up files must be restored to the dish before use

Duh!

d) It is important to save your work regularly as data saved in RAM will be lost in the event of power failure

Sure will, therefore yes.

e) Copying files to a portable drive is a more efficent use of disk space than running a backup program

More details are necessary to understand exactly what this question is asking.

b, c, and d are yes.

e) is no, because a backup program will be able to make incremental backups, and save a LOT of disk speace, on the portable drive. Consider also that some files may not need to be backed up at all, because they haven't changed since the last backup.

c: I do not have dishes in my computer but disc I have however.
Also why not a) explanation:
What if you deleted 50 pages by mistake, does auto save help?

I disagree that you have to restore a file from the backup before it can be used. I can examine files directly in my backup sets, even it the original has been deleted. I can read, print, email, etc these files directly from the backup.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.