Anyone knows how to write a literature review for software development project? Most examples I read on the web are research based, but in this project I am going to develop a PIM/organizer system. Can I write about the strengths and weaknesses of other PIM system?

I did one for my final project at univercity but although it was only about 18 months ago I'm a bit rusty, i think in the context of a project (Rather than a disortation/ research) you should try to find articles and books on developments, made by others, within the area your project is for.

For example if your project is a I.M application you can review articles on how I.M applications have been developed and revolutionised, using quotes from articles on things like MSN Messanger, Skype and even BBM in you review.

I struggled to get started with my litriture review but hammered it when i got going. You've just got to think about what you want to do and what has already been acheieved in that area.

Good luck.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.