I have a Dell Inspiron 7000 series laptop. When the battery is low and as soon as i plug it into charging the laptop starts the shutdown process. The laptop is almost 3.5 years old and never had any problem. Never even formatted it. What should i do to solve this issue?

Contributors
Replies
Views
6 Months
Discussion Span
Last Post by matt_28

Can you reboot it after the shutdown while it is plugged in?

Can you run it while plugged in with the battery removed?

Have you checked the power settings to see if anything odd appears?

I have seen cases where simply removing the battery, rebooting, then reinserting the battery clears up a power problem.

Edited by Reverend Jim

At 3.5 years the battery can get weird. Can you reveal, find out and share what the battery health looks like?

Nod to batterybar. The free one.

How long does it runs without power? Shuting Down after plug-in is a abnormal behavior.
I think your settings do the trick. At which point it you tried to plug in? Normally when the battery level reachs to 10% laptop normall tries to hibernate. In your case it has been set to shutdown the laptop. You can verify in settings. See this post. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-critical-low-level-battery-action-windows-8-7

Good luck.!

Edited by happygeek: spammy link deleted

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.