hi i am trying to do a simple access database, with quantities, and a query with a report
I have create a table with one of the variables being a numeric value, but i need to have 2 decimal places. when i format with 2 decimals, what ever i type in is rounded up. Can anyone help.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by HI2Japan

Does the data in your table have 2 decimal places, or did you just set the query and report to display at 2 decimals?

Does the data in your table have 2 decimal places, or did you just set the query and report to display at 2 decimals?

i have 2 decimal places in the form, the table and the query. what happens is that if for example i input 1.34, the figure will show as 1.00, and if i post 1.89 it will show as 2.00.

What data type and field size do you have set in the table? Keep in Mind that some of the field sizes don't allow decimals.

In the table you should be looking at either currency or number. The field size should be either decimal, single or double.

Long integer which is the default for number data type, while it will show 2 decimal places if you set it , it cannot actually read them.

Thanks it worked, i used field size as double, format as standard and decimal places as 2.
Since you are so good at this may i ask another question?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.