hey guys,
i have created a database using ACCESS, i have one table and i have created a page for the front end, this database is for my personal use, in the table i have the column for email ids,
now i have about 110 email entries and i wish to extract them for my emailing purposes, but i do not know how to do it, i tried select column and paste it, but it didnt work, and also if i have to use PINE in linux, how do i acquire all these IDs, one more question, i want to back up the database, i wrote the folder on a cd, but i cannot open up the page cos some linker files are missing..please help me out with these problems.... :cry:

Contributors
Replies
Views
11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by suRoot

what are you using for email?

atlast i got some reply........lemme put it this way, i can use any kinda email provided i get out of this problem.......i have a brief idea of using different clients..........

If you are using outlook, you can simply use the import wizard in outlook to extract the information from the database into a contacts folder

did you say you're using the pine email client? if so.. that'll be an intresting solution to information from a remote database to the to: cc: or bcc: fields, look through your pine help manual it might have some information there, but i do not no the database connection strings for nix based techs, but im telling you you'd be better of jsut have a text document (basic) with an email address on each line and calling it from that, i know ive seen how to do this in the Sams Unix in 24 hours or whatever it's called book, for calling from a document, and it's not too difficult for single entries (as far as my experience with pine goes) and im sure more wouldn't be difficult

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.