Hi,

I am having problems starting Oracle Database 10g Express Edition on Fedora. Here is what I did in order to start it:
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-bb-ba-57 ~]# /etc/init.d/oracle-xe start
[root@x1-6-00-c0-9f-bb-ba-57 ~]# xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host

Not sure what I am doing wrong here. Help would be appreciated. Thanks...

This is what I just did to start oracle and it did allow me to start the database home page from start menu in Firefox browser which shows the login fields of username and password. And it did work despite the fact that there are 2 error messages within the whole code ie access control disabled, clients can connect from any host and sqlplus: command not found.. But any other methods do not work. Am I doing the right thing by writing so many commands as given below in order to start Oracle? Is there any other(correct) method available? Thanks...

[root@localhost ~]# /etc/init.d/oracle-xe start
[root@localhost ~]# xhost +
access control disabled, clients can connect from any host
[root@localhost ~]# su - oracle
-bash-3.1$ /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/oracle_env.sh
-bash-3.1$ /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/config/scripts/startdb.sh
-bash-3.1$ echo $ORACLE_HOME
/usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server
-bash-3.1$ echo $ORACLE_SID
XE
-bash-3.1$ sqlplus '/ as sysdba'
-bash: sqlplus: command not found
-bash-3.1$

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.