Hi,

I wish to implement a 3D software renderer, so I started to read "Tricks of the 3D Game Programming Gurus Advanced 3D Graphics and Rasterization".

The first chapters are pretty straight forward, but my problem is that when he started with the math (Chp 4) I lost direction - he throws a lot of material (and I really bad with math), and there are no exercises which I can work on.

In exercises I mean writing some code, so I could see how each separate subject fits the whole image - for example, some exercises about polar coord's, other in vectors and so on...

From simple math books, I don't understand a thing - writing code using a feature will make it more clear and understandable to me.

Is there is a website or a book which gives such exercises, or even suggestion to other book on the subject?

Thank you very much.

Rather than looking for a programming book, just look for a maths book. In the UK this would be around A-Level or College. They're bound to have exercises in that you can try out for yourself.

Ideally, before you write coded mathematics, you should have a good grip of them and be able to work them out on paper first, otherwise it is easy to get lost.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.