I am currently a web developer and its the only thing I am good at in many fields of software development/programming. When starting as a web developer you should learn the three building blocks of web development such as HTML, CSS and JavaScript and also some server side language like PHP or Ruby. How about for game development? I heard C++ is the go to language but I do not know how to code in the language itself. How about for mobile games? Is it Java for Android and Swift for iOS? Is React Native also good for mobile game development? What are other must learn concepts for game development? I wanted to learn how to make games and wanted to start with creating mobile games. Thanks in advance!

A high level of technical proficiency and talent are necessary for game development. As a game developer, computer programming is one of the most important skills you can develop. Learning the fundamentals of various coding languages, such as C++, C#, Python, and Java. It is also very important to consider 3D graphics when developing games. It's time to select a game engine, such as Unity or Unreal Engine, after understanding the fundamentals of programming. This is the system that you'll use to develop your first game.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.