Hi
i want to show a wap website on Java ME application but i dont know how !!!
please help me to do it
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi
i want to show a wap website on Java ME application but i dont know how !!!
please help me to do it
thanks

You would have to read returned document as a schema(like xml), and through rendering engine provide necessary layout and set up for each wap tag therefore creating new mobile browser and in doing so reinventing wheel which will take very-very long

this is not my goal that create a browser , i want to show my wap web site on mobile application

Good luck to you...
As I said there are only two options
A) Use mobile browser like Opera
B) Create your own browser
C) Doesn't exist in what you trying to do....

i do it with platformRequest() method :)

Well you better read documentation properly because platformRequest()

If the platform has the appropriate capabilities and resources available, it SHOULD bring the appropriate application to the foreground and let the user interact with the content, while keeping the MIDlet suite running in the background.

Meaning if mobile device has any mobile browser that will be used

If the platform does not have appropriate capabilities or resources available, it MAY wait to handle the URL request until after the MIDlet suite exits.

Will do nothing if not available therefore you will not be able to handle WAP.

For the future make sure you are clear on what you trying to achieve as the above discussion prove you haven't been and just stumbled on a resource which you believed solved your problem, which in reality highlighted limitation you stand against.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.