This page keeps crashing on my iPhone, both in Mobile Safari as well as Chrome.

https://www.daniweb.com/connect/developers/endpoints

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Close Out Of Your Apps

It's possible that your iPhone continues crashing since one of your applications continues crashing. In the event that that application is left open out of sight of your iPhone, it could persistently crash your iPhone's product. ... It'll assist you with diagnosing and fix issues with application or applications that are crashing.

The problem happens on multiple iPhones. I’ve discovered that it doesn’t happen when the style sheet is prevented from loading, which is incredibly weird.

I’ve never before seen a page crash from css before.

I didn’t do much investigating, but here’s another data point. When I open the link, it appears to load the page completely before attempting to load something and then crashing. I saw your recent discussion of loading css for mobile via js. Maybe it’s the js and not the css that’s causing the problem?

Thanks for looking into it. Nope, not the JS. Just the CSS. It uses the same CSS as every other page on the site. I have no idea what makes that page unique.

I saw your recent discussion of loading css for mobile via js. Maybe it’s the js and not the css that’s causing the problem?

No, it's actually the opposite. We use JS to load the CSS for functionality that only that JS will be using in desktop mode.

A google search revealed this is a known bug related to mobile Safari running out of memory on extraordinarily long pages.

I’ve been able to fix the page by using CSS to hide some of the larger components on the page on mobile devices. However, the same HTML is being generated in all cases, so the HTML page is the same length. I guess it was a rendering issue.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.