Start New Discussion within our Hardware and Software Community

Hi all! I have recently attended to my sister's wedding and helped her record some happy interesting videos with my panasonic camcorder, and she wants me to send those movies to her so that she can keep it in her iPhone. I found files are all ended with .ts. In fact, I don't know much about formats. After searching the Google,I just know that Ts files cannot be supported by iPhone,so should I do a conversion for this? And what should I convert them to? Could anyone give some suggestion? Thanks in advance!

Hello, mate! What CimmerianX said is right, TS uses MPEG-2 standard to compress the video data and is good for editing. To play your TS movie on iPhone, I think MP4 or MOV can be good. VLC is a powerful player, we all know that. Rcently I also read an article related to convert TS to MP4, I think it can be of help.

You can use the open source ffmpeg tool to convert any video stream to just about any other. In this case, if she wants it on her iPhone, then convert it to a .mov format, or mp4.

Thanks for all your suggestion! I will have a try on these recommended tools and convert my records to MP4 or MOV. It is a good community, thanks again!

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.