I am using VB 2008/2005.

I was wondering if it was possible to bound 2 combo boxes to each other. the first combo box with a set of information. Based on what the user selects, the second combo box changes. this involves 2 tables.

table 1
ProductID
Descritption

table 2
Id
FK_ProductID
Category

example: the user selects Product in combo box 1
and the second combo box will fill product Categories based on "Product", such as "Outsourcing" or "Software Development"

I am using VB 2008/2005.

I was wondering if it was possible to bound 2 combo boxes to each other. the first combo box with a set of information. Based on what the user selects, the second combo box changes. this involves 2 tables.

table 1
ProductID
Descritption

table 2
Id
FK_ProductID
Category

example: the user selects Product in combo box 1
and the second combo box will fill product Categories based on "Product", such as "Outsourcing" or "Software Development"

You can use

Select Case "what ever you select in Combo A"

xYOURVARIABLENAMEComboBoxB.Items.Add("whatever you want to show in Comb B so you can select it")

Case "what ever you select in Combo A"

xYOURVARIABLENAMEComboBoxB.Items.Add("whatever you want to show in Comb B so you can select it")
End Select

hope it helps...
you can have as many continuous select cases, then just remember to close them with "end select"

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.