good day to everyone!

I just want to know regarding on how to connect to quickbooks using vb6.Ive worked on a company that uses quickbooks but i want to integrate vb to quickbooks.

Please help

Does anybody know.>

God bless on this mother earth.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Very good luck. Quickbooks is program 1. Your VB program is program 2. That is almost the same as asking how to make solitaire integrate with notepad. The simple answer is you can't. The complicated answer is, you would need to create a .dll in standard c/c++, and use .dll injection to inject the .dll into the memory space of quickbooks. Then you would need to cross-task sub-class quickbooks, and add any say, menu's or whatever that you want to interface with. Truth be told, it is probably easier to write your own quickbooks.

Very good luck. Quickbooks is program 1. Your VB program is program 2. That is almost the same as asking how to make solitaire integrate with notepad. The simple answer is you can't. The complicated answer is, you would need to create a .dll in standard c/c++, and use .dll injection to inject the .dll into the memory space of quickbooks. Then you would need to cross-task sub-class quickbooks, and add any say, menu's or whatever that you want to interface with. Truth be told, it is probably easier to write your own quickbooks.

That would be possible.but to the extent of creativity, can we do someting like the code below.?

'First of all add reference of quickbook go to project click on reference and add qbfc4 1.0 type library

'Create the session manager object, and initiate a conversation with QuickBooks
    Dim sessionManager As New QBSessionManager '.QBSessionManager
    sessionManager.OpenConnection "", "Sample.QBW"
    sessionManager.BeginSession "", omDontCare
'Step 2: Build a set of requests - in this case, containing only one request

'Create the request set (the message set request object)
    Dim requestSet As QBFC4Lib.IMsgSetRequest
    'Create a qbXML version 3.0 message
    Set requestSet = sessionManager.CreateMsgSetRequest("CA", 3, 0)
'Now u are connected with quick u can perform any operation like add invoice to quickbook,create customer,update customer and so on

This is the way im trying to connect to quickbooks but i cannot look on the reference qbfc4 1.0 type library to add. im using quickbooks premier 2002. Any possible solution for this.?

Thank you.God bless on this mother earth.

I didn't think quickbooks came with a vb accessible API library. Interesting that it does. You should be able to do this then, with no problem. Once you add a reference to the library, you can press (I think F2) to go to the object explorer. It usually enumerates all the functions in a library, and how to use them.

I didn't think quickbooks came with a vb accessible API library. Interesting that it does. You should be able to do this then, with no problem. Once you add a reference to the library, you can press (I think F2) to go to the object explorer. It usually enumerates all the functions in a library, and how to use them.

This is very interesting project. In fact I am connected to quickbooks now. Ive just download the quickbooks sdk then add its reference. My next task is how to dig on inside quickbooks to get its data. I know its possible.!

Hope you can help me.

Thank you for your time and God bless on this mother earth.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.