how to add youtube videos in windows player in winforms using c#.net.or what is other way to do this.

sknake commented: duplicate posts -1

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Just add the wmp dll from references, and than store that videos in a folder, and than give a path of that folder to wmp.

as per the original question. Windows Media Player cannot stream videos from youtube because windows don't have a FLV codec. and they won't make on because Microsoft and Adobe and a falling out a few years back, and since Adobe acquired the flash platform and refused to give Microsoft the rights to use it on thier system. Microsoft created silverlight, and thus, Flash Video Integration into windows won't be around legally for quite some time. Sorry.

BUT

if you want to just load a flash plugin com object into you C# windows form app and load into that a swf movie that plays FLV, you can then migrate flv videos from youtube to your application.

But that's all the help I can provide as I am really busy right not, and this is a very complicated project.

`````````````````````````````````````````````
Originally Posted by avirag View Post

u can check this link also
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb383953.aspx

i want to view youtube lively in my appliction using flash player or media player in windows form in c#.net.

lol yeah, that will work, IF the video on the net is in a windows acceptable format, like WMV, or an AVI package that your system has a codec for, otherwise, it will crash. There are no easy answers.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.