i have been trying to make a program to transfer any kind of files through serial port using VB6, i was able to transfer the text file but not other files so please help me on this

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Please post what you've done so far, so people can have a look at what's wrong.

i have been trying to make a program to transfer any kind of files through serial port using VB6, i was able to transfer the text file but not other files so please help me on this

The first step is to develop a program / code that can read all types of files. That can be a rather daunting task to accomplish. So break it down. First decide just what types / formats you need or want to transfer "Make a LIST" and write seperate routines for each.
Use a Case / Select case in VS2008 to call the associated routine

The routines will need to be able to read the files. Start there. If your code cannot open / read the file it cannot save it.

Do that one file type at a time. The syntax for the remaining file types will be almost identicle, the major difference will be naming conventions and locations.

Example: Open(bla, bla bla @ such and such) as HTML, or JPEG or Text.

More information about what you have accomplished would help us help you. Are you creating a GUI? Will it have menu options?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.