my first asp.net project, using vb, and vs2005.
i started a basic web project, added a web form, default.aspx.
as the project progressed to keep a reference to how far i got, some samples etc, i would copy the original default to default2.aspx, default3 etc.
i got up to default5, and my actual final 'production' version was a default2.
so to clean up things, i deleted the original default.aspx and now the whole project is one big pile of errors that seem mostly of the kind when a namespace has not been invoked. but others like:
Error 8 'GetWrappedFileDependencies' is not a member of 'ASP.default2_aspx'. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website1\0cb69ee7\47068f35\App_Web_ve-ivq90.0.vb 1411
are not making any sense at all.

it seems there was some basic referencing/class piece of the project that all the .aspx files are now missing that was somehow part of the original default.aspx that was there for all the other files because of the successive copies
i hope this makes some sense to somebody who can suggest how to recover what i have lost
i had thought that the namespace resolution was taking place by the objects i invoked in the web.config file

well one way to fix it is to remove the codefile and inherits properties from the page directive, i'll have to go with that for now but don't like solutions that i really don't understand.

as the project progressed to keep a reference to how far i got, some samples etc, i would copy the original default to default2.aspx, default3 etc.
so to clean up things, i deleted the original default.aspx and now the whole project is one big pile of errors that seem mostly of the kind when a namespace has not been invoked. but others like:
Error 8 'GetWrappedFileDependencies' is not a member of 'ASP.default2_aspx'. C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\website1\0cb69ee7\47068f35\App_Web_ve-ivq90.0.vb 1411

it seems there was some basic referencing/class piece of the project that all the .aspx files are now missing that was somehow part of the original default.aspx that was there for all the other files because of the successive copies
i hope this makes some sense to somebody who can suggest how to recover what i have lost
i had thought that the namespace resolution was taking place by the objects i invoked in the web.config file

well to fix the problem i removed the codefile and Inherits properties from the page directive, not sure how or why this fixed it and i don't like solutions where i don't understand the reasons behind it, but for now i'm forced to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.