<<split from here>>

oh!
if you dont mind can you help me too. i have completed programing and it almost 99 % is completed. but i dont know how to create set up file. i tried with the help of employing and deploying wizard but when i install my software in the computer, it function properly only if the destination file is same with what i have coded in the program.

so what i want my project to be is that i want to function my software even if i change my destination of file. or when i install my software i want all files software to be place under one folder.

Edited by Nick Evan: split

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Vineeth K

I think this is simple. May be you give the directory or file id directly. I recommend please copy all required files to your program directory with your application.exe. Then if you want to load a text file then use like this

App.Path & "\Text.txt"

then it will load the fie from its own location. When you installed it it will never ask for the directory.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.