This is the error I get:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll
Additional information: Class not registered

And this is the line it points me to:

CType(Me.Comm1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()

Does anyone know why I would all of a sudden start getting this error?
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I was adding/removing some .dll files from the project in order to find out why another issue wasn't working and I am thinking that could be the issue.

I will continue looking at the .dll files to see if that is the issue.

Please let me know what you think, Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Hi,

i also faced same problem. if u got solution for this reply me.

Regards,
Senthil V.

This is the error I get:

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in system.windows.forms.dll
Additional information: Class not registered

And this is the line it points me to:

CType(Me.Comm1, System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit()

Does anyone know why I would all of a sudden start getting this error?
Does anyone know how to fix this?
I was adding/removing some .dll files from the project in order to find out why another issue wasn't working and I am thinking that could be the issue.

I will continue looking at the .dll files to see if that is the issue.

Please let me know what you think, Thanks.

If you were removing dll's then you removed the (Com1.dll ?) and it was needed by the program. Whatever, then you will have to re-reference it.

Hi,

Regards,
Senthil V.

senthil,

Hi,

Regards,
Senthil V.

senthil,

zup dude, incase you have'nt solve this

Hi,

Regards,
Senthil V.

dude,
incase you have'nt solve this problem yet. try to follow this steps. 1) copy the DLL or OCX that is having problem to WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ 2) the go to RUN and type the follwing: regsvr32 <.DLL or .OCX file> and then run/execute you program. enjoy programming dude. God bless.

dude,
incase you have'nt solve this problem yet. try to follow this steps. 1) copy the DLL or OCX that is having problem to WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ 2) the go to RUN and type the follwing: regsvr32 <.DLL or .OCX file> and then run/execute you program. enjoy programming dude. God bless.

Thank u a milion:)

download stdformat.dll from the net. and add refrence to vs2003 project. that will solve ur problem. becasue i m getting same, i add this dll and this worked for me.

Hi,

I have just registered all the dlls which are required for my project then application started running fine.

try to register all the dlls,ocx files of the project using regsvr32

Thanks,
Puneet Jayee

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.