I have used flash(.swf) animation & high quality graphical image there in my vb.net application. But problem is that sometimes when I click on menu it shows small line under it & take time to load it. It shows line under menu when load another forms though there is no line under that menu. I have 25 forms & every form has high quality image(image size is 1280*1024). Is there any way to get rid of this problem? Is there any way to make my application smooth though its high graphical & animated? Please help me.

Contributors
Views
7 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Oxiegen

Unfortunately, using heavy graphics and in such sizes tends to slow things down a bit.
I have a friend who did the same thing in her application. And it was sluggish even on my, high-end, computer.

For the large, I'm assuming, background image I recommend that you pick a solid color background and use pictureboxes for the details.
Those pictureboxes can be moved on the z-axle so that they appear behind all other controls. Right-click on the picturebox and select "Send to Back".

I'm not entirely educated regarding flash animations, but I think others would agree with me that they too consume a fistful of CPU power.
So you should keep those at a minimum as well.

When all is said and done, your application may look cool as hell.
But what's the point when you can't run it properly?

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.