This may not be the best location for this thread, but it's 5 am, I've been working on this for almost a day and a half straight, and I'm pure stumped.

For a custom MS Access .mdb program, the database properties are locked out. In order to fix the database (the programmer left the company and won't be reached, the putz) I need to be able to do that. I've tried moving all the forms, reports and tables to a new database, but they all depend on a macro called, appropriately enough, "PCMurphy". So my question is:

a)How do you find a hidden macro in an mdb file, and
b)if I just can't find it ever, how can I concisely find all the references to it--so that I can write a new macro to replace it?

Thanks in advance,

Blue

Recommended Answers

have you tried holding the shift key when starting the DB? to keep the macro from running.

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

Hi Steelchords,

In order to see hidden objects in a database, even for importing, do the following:
Menu "Tools/Options"
Tab "View"
Check "Hidden Objects" and, possibly, "System Objects"

In order to find all references to a specific object, even in stored queries and cotrol properties of forms and reports you will find a great utility called "Find and Replace 9.0" at
http://www.rickworld.com/products.html
It is not free but we used it where I worked and it saves a ton of time.

Hope this helps

Yomet

have you tried holding the shift key when starting the DB? to keep the macro from running.

holding the shift key . et voila . the navigation pane appear. great trick

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.