Hi to all,
I need to install my own application to an another server,I change my coding to client server name,USerid,PAssword,Etc..But if i run : it will shows an error

"An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)"

Please Suggest How to Resolve this problem

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You need to provide a little more info as to what is happening, this could be anything from network connectvity to many other issues. One thing to check is to make sure you can perform an NSLOOKUP on the server from the command line....open a command prompt and type....nslookup servername . that should return the ip of the server, actually it should be the internal IP. Another thing to check is that SQL service is running that provides the SQL Server 2005 data. Hopefully that helps you find some ideas that will solve your issue.

Later,
Larry

Thanks Hometownnerd,
I got little idea,If i run my module in my Server,It display 6 warnings.But,If i run my module on Client server It shows 12 warnings and 6 errors,I hope After i Solve this error It will work..
Once again Thanks for ur suggestion..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.