I have used several methods to save a program's settings in the past.
- System Registry
- INI files (Encrypted\Plain)
- XML file as a resource or external file
- XML app.config
I'm wondering either:
- What's your preferred method for saving your program's settings?
- Is there a preffered industry standard?
- Does .Net provide a namespace for reading writing a programs settings?
- As VS creates settings in XML in the app.config file should I sipmly take this as preferred.
In short... what's YOUR prefered method OR what's the PROPER method =0)