Hi,

I get an error when trying to compile a class that I have created: "EWrapperImpl.cs"
Error: TestCsharp.EWrapperImpl' does not implement interface member 'IBApi.EWrapper.currentTime(long)

It is documented in an example that: "you need to provide at least an empty shell of the method declared in EWrapper"
but I don't know how to do this. I wonder if it is a basic delaration that can be done in EWrapper ?

namespace TestCsharp
    {
        public class EWrapperImpl : EWrapper
        {

EClientSocket clientSocket;

private int nextOrderId;

public EWrapperImpl()
            {
                clientSocket = new EClientSocket(this);
            }

public EClientSocket ClientSocket
            {
                get { return clientSocket; }
                set { clientSocket = value; }
            }

}
    }

Edited 1 Year Ago by Darth Vader

Can you show us EWapper? Is that an interface? If so click on it above and hit Ctrl period.

If it is an interface, then its a convention to name then with an I - eg IEwrapper

Edited 1 Year Ago by DaveAmour

You're writing a class that implements an interface:

public class EWrapperImpl : EWrapper

This means your EWrapperImpl class must have methods that match everything in EWrapper...

Error: TestCsharp.EWrapperImpl' does not implement interface member 'IBApi.EWrapper.currentTime(long)

...but it doesn't, so...

you need to provide at least an empty shell of the method declared in EWrapper but I don't know how to do this. I wonder if it is a basic delaration that can be done in EWrapper ?

Implementing an interface is a way of saying, "My class has these methods."

EWrapperImpl needs to have a method called currentTime that matches the declaration in EWrapper; i.e., it has the same parameter and return types.

Comments
supported.

Implement interface member is a way of saying my class has these methods. If it is an interface, then its a convention to name then with an I - eg IEwrapper.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.