Hi,
I'm just about finished making my browser but i need to find a way so that i can make it the default internet browser, when it loads, it sets itself as the default program for internet browsing but so far all iv managed is setting it as a program for a default file, but when i try to open the file, it opens my program with it but then my program doesn't open the file it was supposed to, can anybody help me with this please, i don't have much code because i don't know where to start. Thanks.

Private Sub frmMain_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        Try
            My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey(".html").SetValue("", "PROGRAM HTML file", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)
            My.Computer.Registry.ClassesRoot.CreateSubKey("html\shell\open\command").SetValue("", "C:\PROGRAM resources\ADF2.PNG" & _
            " ""%1"" ", Microsoft.Win32.RegistryValueKind.String)
        Catch ex As Exception
        End Try
    End Sub

Nice but do you know the codes for like:
If "registry" = not "myappname" then
frmask.show()
else
frmask.hide()
end if
something like this? and on the frmask like this:
'if the button that applies then
' myappname is default browser
'else
'if button that closes then
'me.close
'else
'if checkbox that says Do not show this again
'frmask never show again unless the checkbox in options is unchecked.
do you know something like this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.