when I create an ASP web application it saves it in the default location with the default name which is WebApplication1. This now appears in the IIS(http://localhost/WebApplication1) list under web sites->Default web sites. Another folder is also created in mydocuments->visual studio with the same name.

I can change any of the names in solution explorer but this just changes the names of the files in the project, the folder names which appear in the IIS list and mydocuments->visual studio folder have to be changed manually. there should just be a way to name the project when you create it.

There is.... when you Go... File->New Project

You get a dialog box with Project Types on the left side, and Templates on the right. Just below that you get Name and location TEXT Fields for changing the name and location of such files.

As for the My Documents...blah blah.. you can change that by changing the settings in VS options dialog.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.