Greetings.

With help from CF geniuses, constructed a CF suggestion form on the web where data went into an Access database.

Moved offices, PCs and servers. All went into the abyss :'(

Have copies of web page for entry of information by customers, and confirming page showing customers what they entered. No problem recreating Access database. Believe I'm missing an "insert.cfm" page tying all together and what else?

Thanks for any help, templates, sympathy, etc.

demanian

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you saying that the insert.cfm page is missing?

If so, do you have any information (table structures, etc..) so it can be recreated? I'm more than happy to help if you can give me more info.

Are you saying that the insert.cfm page is missing?

If so, do you have any information (table structures, etc..) so it can be recreated? I'm more than happy to help if you can give me more info.

Now I've found the insert page (have no idea why this wasn't transferred all in one folder, perhaps that's part of the esoteric CF lore I'm not trusted with yet!), so I have (1) the webpage that's the form for customers to enter information, (2) the webpage confirming to them what they entered, (3) the insert.cfm page telling the data where to go, and (4) the database itself. Am I missing any pages?

As you can see, I was taught how to code each page, but not enough about how they all hook together. All the directions, tutorials, etc. I can find involve moving information from a database to a webpage, rather than what I'm trying to do, move input information from the webpage to a database.

Thanks very much for your patience and advice!

In a typical situation, yes, that should be all you need. Provided of course the pages do what they are supposed to.

Of course, your situation may or may not be typical. At this point I would suggest some simple testing to see how it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.