Hi all,

I know it sounds stupid (the title of this thread) but I am using php to write some hidden fields to a form and when the form is submitted some of the hidden fields are not being sent. They currently only work when google chrome, and do not work with IE(6), firefox or safari.

What the hell?!? :P Im stuggling to find the cause of this problem. Does anybody have an insight?

The form script i am using is below:

<form action="https://checkout.google.com/api/checkout/v2/checkoutForm/Merchant/*merchantID*" id="BB_BuyButtonForm" method="post" name="BB_BuyButtonForm" target="_blank"> 
<input name="_charset_" type="hidden" value="utf-8"/>

<input name="item_name_1" type="hidden" value="Matt Clay Extreme Style V05"> 
<input name="item_description_1" type="hidden" value="Extreme Matt Clay from V05"/> 
<input name="item_quantity_1" type="hidden" value="1"/> 
<input name="item_price_1" type="hidden" value="5.00"/> 
<input name="item_currency_1" type="hidden" value="GBP"/> 

<input name="item_name_2" type="hidden" value="Polishing Wax Fructis Style Garnier"> 
<input name="item_description_2" type="hidden" value="A polishing style wax from garnier."/> 
<input name="item_quantity_2" type="hidden" value="2"/> 
<input name="item_price_2" type="hidden" value="4.00"/> 
<input name="item_currency_2" type="hidden" value="GBP"/> 

<!-- below are the fields that are not being submitted - google checkout ends up with NO shipping costs unless user is using google chrome -->
<input name="ship_method_name_1" type="hidden" value="Standard delivery"/> 
<input name="ship_method_price_1" type="hidden" value="9"/> 
<input name="ship_method_currency_1" type="hidden" value="GBP"/> 
<input type="submit" value="Continue to Google Checkout"> 
</form> 

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript"> 
document.getElementById("BB_BuyButtonForm").submit();
//history.go(-1);
</script>

Thanks in advance,

Max.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

no luck with that post dickersonka :/

Also the problem with this is that google checkout will only accept the information through posted hidden fields with their specific parameters, and as far as I can see I have met all their requirements which is really wierd because it is still not working.

I *think* iv sent them an email about it but theyr crazy support system is ... well ... crazy.

Max

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.