Hi

I have a developer working on a gift App for me, i have seen in for instance that the app bank were you can create your own gift APP all you do is upload a gif and when it is sent to the users wall page, there is a play button with a flash pre loader.

My question is do anyone know how or were to find information on how this option is added that converts your uploaded gif and instantly is converted into a swf, or maybe it works different then Im seeing..

Thank you for any help..

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

In order to view a gif, you don't have to convert it to swf. You could write some stuff around it that handles the play button - a play image, an image preloader, and a click handler :)

correct me if im wrong...but facebook doesnt support gifs!!

theres a app on facebook called "social app studio" that i think does what your lookin for...in fact within 5 mins you can build the whole thing your developer is producing!

i only recently came accross this app so not sure of its flexibility...but it says you can do anythin, and a lotta stuff is templated!!

In order to view a gif, you don't have to convert it to swf. You could write some stuff around it that handles the play button - a play image, an image preloader, and a click handler :)

Hi

Thanks for your help..
Yes there is the appbank on FB were you just upload a gif and when delivered to your wall page it has a flash preloader and play button..

I have asked this question in a few forums, it seems your the only one that understands what im talking about..

Please if you have any links to any sites that have information on the code for this
can you please send it to me..

thank you so much for taking the time to answer..TOM

As far as I understand it, you want to put this gif on a user's wall? I think that you should start with just implementing that (take a look at http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/api/post/). My guess is Facebook has already implemented this. If not, you'll have to look into posting HTML on the wall, but I think that's impossible.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.