Hi,

I am a complete beginner with web hosting so apologies if the solution to this is blatantly obvious.

Somebody set up my PC so when I got to localhost in a browser I get a webpage they created. I want to host that from here. I downloaded Wampserver 2.2 and opened the port 8080. When I go to my ip : 8080 I keep getting the Wampserver configuration page instead of the localhost page. How can I get the localhost page to display instead?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you installed (another) wamp, then you'll need to copy his files to the wamp\www folder.

Hi thanks for the reply, could you explain in more detail. I am a complete novice

I assume your friend installed some webserver, and you installed another one (wampserver). If you want his pages on your installation you need to copy a folder to wamp/www. I cannot tell you which folder to copy because you haven't said what your friend installed.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.