Hi Guys. Hope that you are all well, I need some advice if that is ok? I have my first graduate job and they have given me my first commercial project to do.

The client has put on the wireframe that they want a list of countries, when a user clicks on there home country a pop up box appears, this pop up box then appears where there is a small picture (preferably a picture of the county, from google maps) and a paragraph of each company and a link to an external website.

I know wordpress and the divi them is a very very powerful them and I'm sure there is a plugin or a way around this. I just wanted to see if you guys could point me in the right direction. Thanks for any help you can give to me

If you need any more info please do not hesatate to get in contact with me.

Any help you can give me would be much appreicated

Rich

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

bump anyone? I have a deadline for 2 weeks time and client wants to know what progress I'm making

Well if you have a two week deadline and a pressing client you should not have taken on the work without telling your employer you have no idea what you're doing. Simple as.

It all depends on the clients specifications and wireframes, to the point where generic plugins may not solve this. Personally, especially for a client like this, 3rd party tools are nothing but a liability that you cannot control. If your employer has given you over two weeks, I'm sure they'll be expecting you to do a lot more than download and install something free of the internet. Maybe look into wordpress plugin development, and you can solve this with custom post types, which essentially work like any default page (including content and a featured image) and maybe custom taxonomies if you need additional settings/search parameters.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.