Hi there,

I recently bought a subscription to a "turnkey php scripts" built2go.com in order to make a car market project...

With great disappointment, i discover lately than I CANNOT REMOVE THE ANNOYING COPYRIGHT TAG at the end of each page.

I search everywhere: The files, the host, even the database through "phpmyadmin" NOTHING!

If i remove the footer i get the msg "Invalid footer"

Does anyone solved the problem?

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Anyone???

Hey, please email me <snipped> and I will tell you

I am look for the same thing can any one help!?

Thanks!

It is against the terms of thier licence to remove that copyright notice, i think.

i have to agree there but u can always contact them and ask them if it is ok if u remove the copy right if u put a clear link to there site on ur page thats the best way i think will keep u out of trouble to hehe

ore hide the coppy rights by making them the same color as the background the coppy write is still there only u cant c it u have to check the licens tho if they cavered that in there i would advice against it

It is not suggested - I too have fallen victim to the copyright.

The site is programmed with Zend Coder so the code cannot be modified to remove the copyright.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

I which case I would suggest that the OP either lives with it or finds a different scripting solution.

Was the copyright notice issue not made clear in the terms and conditions of use prior to purchase?

I bet you he didnt read the licence.

hi
i am looking at built2go for an estate agents site, how many sites can you set up with the software, how many domains? any other suggestions ?

many thanks
robin

I just brought Built2go about 3 weeks ago, and Have been unable to install it to my server. if anyone out in space knows how to correct an Error 1045 please help, at this point Built2go tech support or knowlegde base is no help. I have loaded pictures on my site gocarhome.com of my problem.

I really think that the people here offering advice on how to remove/obscure the copyright notice need to get a life! Such removal without permission from the developer is perfectly illegal (as is offering advice on how to do it). To say that you are a "victim" of something that is common knowledge is ridiculous!

If you wish to remove the notice LEGALLY, then contact the developer as they may well have a provision where you may PAY them to remove the notice.

As a professional developer, my notices are the lifeblood of my business - if people remove them, then myself and my FAMILY do not eat - get it?

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

exactly what i said

I just brought Built2go about 3 weeks ago, and Have been unable to install it to my server. if anyone out in space knows how to correct an Error 1045 please help, at this point Built2go tech support or knowlegde base is no help. I have loaded pictures on my site gocarhome.com of my problem.

The error indicates that the database user/pass you are using are invalid - check these.

Matti Ressler
Suomedia

2-5 Do I need to provide an link back or acknowledgement to Built2Go.com when I use your products?

Users of these materials must retain the copyright notification and link to http://www.built2go.com that included with each and every programmed template.

Source: Turnkey Website Templates > Faq

There you go.

Kind regards

EDIT: Sorry, didn't realise this topic had two pages.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.