hey

what's the differentce between ASP.NET and ASP

i've taken ASP.NET, but is the asp is different!!
or almost same thing?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

ASP (Active Server Pages) is the older of the two technologies. ASP uses VBScript or JScript which are interpreted languages.

ASP.NET uses a framework that uses many more langugages (VB, C#, J# ..) and is much more Object Oriented and type safe. and has a cleaner division between client and server code and has built in libraries for some of the latest Internet technlogies such as XML, AJAX and Web Services etc.

I would say ASP and ASP.NET are *very* different in almost every way.

Try out this link. I hope it helps:-/ .
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/asp.net/aa336565.aspx

ASP (Active Server Pages) is the older of the two technologies. ASP uses VBScript or JScript which are interpreted languages.

ASP.NET uses a framework that uses many more langugages (VB, C#, J# ..) and is much more Object Oriented and type safe. and has a cleaner division between client and server code and has built in libraries for some of the latest Internet technlogies such as XML, AJAX and Web Services etc.

I would say ASP and ASP.NET are *very* different in almost every way.

Yeah, ASP is older, its more like PHP/HTML. ASP.NET is much more like programming with an actuall language such as VB or C#

Yeah, ASP is older, its more like PHP/HTML. ASP.NET is much more like programming with an actuall language such as VB or C#

So PHP and VBScript aren't *actual* languages then! :D

I sense dark taboo hacker undertones......

I meant true OOP languages, with a syntax more lilke you would use for a static application

Ah the three pillars of OOP:

Encapsulation,
Inheritance,
Polymorphism.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.