hi there, i have a problem with the post data thing..i have two pages, one for uploading documents and another to see the uploaded documents. When i finish uploading and go to the next page i can see the uploaded document.when i click the back button to go back and upload a new document the browser shows me that post data thing again and uploads the same document again when i click 'ok'.is there anyway i can stop this from happening??

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

No, this is a browser feature and there isn't anything you can do to stop it from happening. The browser is just detecting some data that you have already sent, and when you go back, it wants to know if maybe you want to resend the data or not. There's nothing in PHP you can do to prevent this from happening, unless you change your script to not use post data (which I do not recommend).

In general it is not a good idea to require the use of the 'back button' when navigating anything in your WEB app.

I suggest you always supply good 'flow navigation' by letting the user choose what you want them to do ( hmmm this sentence has a bit of a contradiction feel to it.. anyways ) instead of seeing no options or the option they WISHED was there and forcing a 'back button'.

In general it is not a good idea to require the use of the 'back button' when navigating anything in your WEB app.

That doesn't mean you should break it either. I often use the back button, even when the web designer provides an alternate route back to the front.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.