Maybe someone can help me - I'm pretty new to web development. I am working in Dreamweaver CS3. I am working with Windows Vista Home Basic.

1. When I inserted a sprymenubar - I changed the color in every possible place for the text to be a dark brown with a dark brown line in between each link. It displays correctly in Dreamweaver. However, when I upload it to the server and view it in IE it is showing up as blue and purple. Any suggestions?

2. I can not upload directly from Dreamweaver. I was on with tech support for a few hours and they finally told me that they don't think that Dreamweaver is compatible with my version of Windows. I keep getting an error message" an FTP error occured. Access denied. The file may not exist or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and that it is properly configured." I am currently logged in as admin and firewall is turned off. Any suggestions?

Thank you for your responses.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

1. add link styling css to the page.

a:link {
color: #000000;
}
a:visited {
}
a:hover {
}
a:active {
}

change the color of course.

2. i haven't used dreamweaver much but i recently got Vista and have run into permission problems and ftp.

to maybe solve your problem, right click on dreamweaver link and click "run as administrator". then ftp might work.

Note that browser accessibility settings allow users to turn off changes to link colors.

So make sure that your links will show up if someone turns off link color changes. If you make the link white and the background blue, the links disappear on browsers with link color changes disabled.

The best policy is to not change link colors.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.