This post is not about community building but it is an example of how social media can possible do some good. The link below is for a video on youtube. The video is a PSA from Wales in the UK about the dangers of texting while driving. This should be shown in every school in the US, on TV and in movie theaters. I am guilty of occasionally texting while driving. After watching this, never again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGE8LzRaySk

I was just about to post a link to that video, and ask if people thought it too graphic and grisly. Personally, I think this should be seen by every last person that has a cell phone - teen or adult, driver or not. There is no communication or message so important that it's ever worth putting your and other lives at risk.

FYI, besides that link, the video is posted multiple times on youtube. I count upwards of a million or so views as of this posting.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.