I didn't know where to post this but decided to put it here lol!! My question is regarding deleting a contact / friend from FaceBook. I have an X beside each friend on my friends list. If I click to delete does it notify them that they are deleted and will I still show up on their friends list?

Thanks;

Dougie

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I don't know, but try registering under another name, make friends, then delete the friends account. If you get a notification, there is your answer :).

Or you could just click the 'Help' link at the bottom of every FB page and search for removing friends....

http://www.facebook.com/help/#/help.php?page=770

Thank you Will for the link. According to the info there I need to go to the ' friends " profile to do the deleting from there and not from my firends list page. I should have poked around more and I might have found it eventually. The forst poster here suggested that I delete my whole account and start over with a new one .. a lot of work and not a great idea. It dosen't notify the person you are removing but it removes me from their friends list also, so I guess they will get the message. Thanks again for your help.

Dougie

yeah nice link... i started to delete some friends coz. before i would add friends which i know even if were not close... but the problem is... it became annoying... specially when someone not a close friend is like publishing addict and well always published her recent activities every once in a while.... it annoying to see someone ur not so close of always popping out their faces in your home wall.

You need to check your profile settings after that go to friends list and select friends you want to remove and remove them from list i hope this idea can work well.

I don't think so that your friends 'll be noticed this thing. You not need to worried about it.

I think I am one of few without a Facebook. Even my uncle has one.

well always published her recent activities every once in a while.... it annoying to see someone ur not so close of always popping out their faces in your home wall.

You know you can set it so that friends status updates get ignored? i think on the live feed click the X next to one of thier posts, and then choose to not see thier updates any more?

I think I am one of few without a Facebook. Even my uncle has one.

I haven't any physical friends believe me. So the only place that
I have been finding friends is facebook.

If you unfriend someone, you will no longer show up on their friend list, but they will not be notified. They will only notice if they see that you are no longer on their friend list.

I believe what crunchie was suggesting is that you create another account, and become friends with that account, then remove it from your friends and see if it receives a notification of being unfriended. He was not suggesting you delete your existing account.

Facebook is one of from seo tehniques to promote your'e website and also businnes...
It's very useful for makes you businnes famous and most people know...

Thanks ..

commented: Great. Thanks for the spam. +0

I believe what crunchie was suggesting is that you create another account, and become friends with that account, then remove it from your friends and see if it receives a notification of being unfriended. He was not suggesting you delete your existing account.

Exactly :)

Facebook is one of from seo tehniques to promote your'e website and also businnes...
It's very useful for makes you businnes famous and most people know...

Thanks ..

Please read the subject before giving a nonsense answer like that in order for you to spam your signature.

hi im just replying to you about if you get a notification if you remove someone from facebook no they dont get a notification saaying they have been removed and yes you will show up on they friends list still to remove friends you have to go on they profile page and scroll down to nearly the bottom on the left hand side you will see it saying remove friend for you friend list then it will say afterwards you removed them if you want to block them and then if you click on that then they wont beable to find you on facebook every again unless you remove them from your blocked list on privicy settings ok

Hi
I have tried what you had asked
The person whom you are deleting is not notified.

Its very simple. You need to go for your profile and than go to friends option. From there you can edit of delete the list of your friends.

Nops! It 'll not notified them that you are deleting them from your contact list. You can delete your contacts at any time. Their is no need to worried about it.

Even if you delete a friend on Facebook, you will definitely appear on their friends list unless of course they will also delete you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.