I'm giving myself 10 years to learn to program in several different computer languages, invent a new piece of software, sell it and make millions. I don't know how realistic this is but I'd like to read your thoughts on this matter.

Thanks and take care!

You crossposted this question in the IT Professional's Lounge. Considering how strongly patience correlates with success, your goals are probably unrealistic.

It won't take anywhere near 10 years to learn several different programming languages. It takes about a day for an experienced programmer to learn a reasonable programming language. If you know Scheme, C++, Javascript, Haskell, and C, you've got the programming language depth to pick up Java in a day, and more baroque languages like Ruby or Perl in a week or so.

If you don't suck at programming, you can easily make a million dollars by working for ten years.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.