Only this time, it wasn't.

My reply to this thread is there in the singular.

But I also got a "This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

I rather suspect had it timed out differently, it would have been a double post.

FWIW, I did a "posts since last visit in subscribed forums" search while the post was in progress.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

The system probably got confused because you posted and did a search simultaneously, and it wanted to make sure you weren't a bot.

Only this time, it wasn't.

My reply to this thread is there in the singular.

But I also got a "This forum requires that you wait 15 seconds between posts. Please try again in 1 seconds."

I rather suspect had it timed out differently, it would have been a double post.

FWIW, I did a "posts since last visit in subscribed forums" search while the post was in progress.

The same happen to me, but I only hit the submit button, and
was not multitasking.

Hate to be a "Me too" but me too just now. I had also experienced the 15 second message Salem got a few days ago. I'm going to lie awake tonight staring at the ceiling wondering why me. :D

Something else as well.

I've just opened a number of tabs, and variously, they read.
Last visited: 5 Minutes Ago at 07:12
Last visited: 58 Minutes Ago at 07:17
Last visited: 1 Minute Ago at 07:17

Can you tell me when this is next likely to happen, I've got some lottery numbers I want to try out :D

Oh, and another reply where my post has gone in first.
*shrugs*

There seem to be two servers almost exactly 1 hour out of step with one another.

3518 seconds is too close to 3600 (1 hour) to be mere coincidence.

I remember that this has happened before (a year or so back). It did had something to do with servers running out of sync. Looks like someone forgot to "service ntpd start" :)

Here's another one. Salem is good, but answering a question before it even got asked might be beyond his powers :)

[edit]
And this one

commented: I knew you were going to say that ;) +0
commented: heh :) +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.