How come the editing ribbon does not show on mobile? (You know, like the thing that lets you do bolding). Do we have to memorize how do we them?

I am using iPad.

BTW... What is up with those check marks that show around posts?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

BTW... What is up with those check marks that show around posts?

It's a new feature that was introduced recently as explained by Dani here.

So what about the original question?

Different bits of the UI don't work on different mobile device platforms, not least as there is no dedicated 'mobile DaniWeb' interface. So, for example, anything Flash powered doesn't work on an iOS device.

Member Avatar for diafol

The only browser that works properly with the ribbon/wysyiwg editor on my HTC Android is Firefox, but AFAIK, there's no Firefox available for iPad. Other browsers just show a plain textbox.

If you know the markup codes, just enter them manually. So you should be able to add bold/italic/code/inline code/quote/list items/headings/subheadings easily. The tricky one is link. Files is probably impossible, although I haven't looked into it.

You can easily add naked links, and the link syntax really isn't that hard to remember: [text](url). Files are impossible, but, in reality, just how intricate are your posts going to be on your mobile device?

Try browsing using Atomic Browser, or Dolphin on iPad. I currently use them on my iPhone, and the editing ribbon appears.

I'd forgotten about Atomic on the iPad, it's been ages since I looked at that. Might be worth a quick re-download and taking another look then for those times I only have the pad with me when I need to do DaniWeb stuff.

Member Avatar for diafol

the link syntax really isn't that hard to remember: [text](url)

So says you. I will never remember this. The Ctrl-Q thing took me months. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.