A good day to all of you. I'm one of the recent newbies and glad to join you. My first experience with computers comes from a time which most of you will probably not know. It was the era of the ZX Spectrum originating in England with a size of 48K (yes, 48K!) and which could be upgraded to a massive (in those days) 64K. You had to use a TV as monitor and an ordinary 4track tape with recorder as your saving and operating devices. We were quite proficient in BASIC and I still remember the first time I was able to program a space ship to move and shoot at the aliens, in full colour and with sound too! Some of us even tried our hand at machine code (010001111010111010). Work commitments kept me from keeping track of all the technological developments since then, but I am now trying to catch up. Looking forward to learn from you, ‘till later, cheers.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Welcome to DaniWeb !

Welcome aboard…..hope you’ll enjoy it here…

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.