Newbie08 0 Newbie Poster

Hi DaniWebbers:

I am a non-traditional, 51-year old male student (at a brick and mortar university) earning my Bachelor of Science degree in Electronic Engineering.

Unfortunately, I am not passing a course that integrates C programming with flashing the written C program onto a chip. I have passed the basic course in C programming, but passing the exams in this integration course is beyond me. I am ready to swap this major for something else.

I know that I enjoy working with electronics as well as with computers and software. So, I have been thinking about persuing a major in the IT field, perhaps with a focus on being a network manager. I understand that the demand for network managers is expected to steadily grow over the next few years.

How do I identify my career goals in the IT field? For instance, I view being a network manager as a short-term or somewhat longer term career goal. I should think that a career goal of mine five years after graduation would be to rise above the position of a network manager...but to what?

Your suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Newbie08