My question is, how much should I charge for developing a social networking website? A friendster.com-type of social networking website to be exact?

I would really appreciate your responses. Because somebody is asking me for it.

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

How long do you think it's going to take you? It's hard to just throw out a number. I think you would be wise to deeply analyze what needs to be done and how long you think it will take you, and then apply an acceptable hourly rate to that number. I haven't taken the time to do all of this, but my guess is that I would charge around $1,500 - $2,000 for a similar site. Hope this helps!

I think it depends on nums of developers, size of website.... About ~2000$ or more

I'm an amateur web developer, looking to build my own site like this...is there are resources like templates, how-to instructions on how to start building my own fast??...really appreciate someone's help.

Thanks!
-Norm

It's depend on no. of resourse used and time spend to develop a site.,
Min u can charge up to $10,000

As with most other things in life, the best answer to the "how much should I charge" question comes from doing your research. You have to compare the portfolios of many software developers and get cost estimations from each of them.

One site that allows you to find such software developers is the My Software Project website <snipped>. All you do is post a description of your software project and wait for software developers to post advertisements / cost estimations for your project. This information should allow you to research your options fairly thoroughly.

James

For building an entire social networking website <URL snipped>we start charging at $30,000. For a truly unique high end network this is actually very cheap. I'd say a high quality network goes for anywhere between 30,000 - 150,000 depending on features. Even more for certain sites some developers charge millions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.