Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

>>10. Always wear a belt
I wouldn't think of walking out of my house without one because my pants would fall to the ground and I'd have to flash everyone -- then I'd get tossed in jail for indecent exposure.

>>9. White socks are only worn during athletic activities
I always wear white socks because nylon socks cut into my ankles

>>8. Make sure nails are trimmed and clean
Yup -- I'm sometimes a little lax about the length and my nails split

>>7. No facial hair
None here -- but I thought women went for men with beards or unshaven. Apparently not.

>>6. Pants - no pleats or tapered legs
No problems there either.

>>5. If it has a hole, tear or discoloration throw it out
Young men (and their parents) pay good money at Wal-Mart for dirty pants with rips in them. They're called designer jeans

>>4. Running shoes are for the gym ONLY
I wear them 24/7 (except when in bed asleep of course)

>>3. Do NOT wear free or company t-shirts
I don't.

>>2. Do NOT tuck in your shirt (unless at a formal event or when layering)
Only tuck in button-down shirts. Otherwise leave them outside the belt. This has the additional advantage of hiding the buldging stomach.

>>1. Never wear socks with sandals
Never wear sandals.

>10. Always wear a belt
>2. Do NOT tuck in your shirt (unless at a formal event or when layering)
Hmm, always wear a belt but don't tuck in your shirt? Wouldn't that hide the belt for most shirts and negate rule #10?

>9. White socks are only worn during athletic activities
Unless you wear white sneakers instead of dress shoes. That's okay, and it's typical among the geeks where I work.

>8. Make sure nails are trimmed and clean
Doesn't have to be a manicure, but not too long, not to short, and for God's sake, keep them clean. ;)

>7. No facial hair
If you look good, you look really good. If you don't look good, it's a disaster. My advice is to try it out and ask people with good taste how you look. What's worse than a guy with bad facial hair? A guy with good facial hair that stays clean-shaven. ;)

>2. Do NOT tuck in your shirt (unless at a formal event or when layering)
I think a tucked in t-shirt (with a belt!) looks good if the t-shirt isn't too loose and the gut is minimal.

I disagree with #3, free T shirts are great :D

I disagree with #3, free T shirts are great :D

To wear at home, ofcourse ;)

I ALWAYS tuck in my shirt, but then I almost always wear dress shirts :)
I sometimes wear company T-shirts, but only ones with subdued colours and logos.
I've had a moustache for the last 20 years, I'm not going to stop now.
My fingernails will get dirty within minutes of me cleaning them even when I do nothing, and no matter how short I clip them (not too short, I need those nails to use the touchscreen on my phone).
What athletic activity?
I don't wear dress shoes, nor do I wear running shoes. So I should not wear white socks nor any other colour (and often comply :) ).

Personally I don't care for such things. I'm usually overdressed compared to the people around me, which should be enough.

10. Always wear a belt

Only for work, or if i am wearning trousers which have a risk of falling down.Unlime most other people my age, i do not enjoy wearning my trosuers down my legs, so that everyone can see my pants.

9. White socks are only worn during athletic activities

white socks look good with trainers/jeans etc...
but for work i always wear black

8. Make sure nails are trimmed and clean

i like mine long so i dont need a stylus for my PDA LOL :)

7. No facial hair

i find it hard to get a close shave:(

6. Pants - no pleats or tapered legs

? flared jeans are the fashion for people my age

4. Running shoes are for the gym ONLY

i usually wear boots. Timerlands etc...

3. Do NOT wear free or company t-shirts

would you rather i wore my gaming clan one? ;)

2. Do NOT tuck in your shirt (unless at a formal event or when layering)

agreed. I only ever do it at work/weddings etc..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.