OK - hi to everyone - I am new!

I know next to nothing about computers so really need your help.. I used my husbands laptop last night, turned it off as usual, and when I turned it on today - nothing but error messages

It won't start up and was saying about running in normal mode, safe mode, etc, but wouldn't do anything, just kept going back to an error page with lots on 0's!!

I have messed around with it that now nothing really happens, and I don't have any back up or re-installation discs. Is there anyway I can connect the laptop to my desktop to help recovery, or download some startup discs????

I know I sound really dumb - but I really need to get this laptop back working!!! ASAP!

Thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

What happens now when you power on?

to start it in safe mode you need to press F8 when the computer is starting up once you are in safe mode you can do a system restore to see if that helps

if it doesnt help or you cant get into safe mode post what the error is so we know what type of error it is we'll be able to help you better

When I start it and press F8 it just goes straight into a screen which says

Boot Device

( ) hard Disk Drive
( ) CD-ROM/DVD
( ) Floppy Disk Drive
( ) LAN Boot

Thanks

What manufacturer is your laptop? which version of windows ?

When I start it and press F8 it just goes straight into a screen which says

Boot Device

( ) hard Disk Drive
( ) CD-ROM/DVD
( ) Floppy Disk Drive
( ) LAN Boot

Thanks

did you chose the hard disk as the boot device when you get this option

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.