Can anyone please help me trace these spammers headers. They are spamming my email
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return-Path: <dorothylbpmvsvh@hotmail.com>
Authentication-Results: mta158.mail.ukl.yahoo.com from=hotmail.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 65.55.111.159 (EHLO blu0-omc4-s20.blu0.hotmail.com) (65.55.111.159) by mta158.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with SMTP; Tue, 01 Jul 2008 14:31:04 +0000
Received: from BLU140-W15 ([65.55.111.137]) by blu0-omc4-s20.blu0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.3959); Tue, 1 Jul 2008 07:31:03 -0700
Message-ID: <BLU140-W15660F442368F5DD1637BAB49E0@phx.gbl>
Return-Path: dorothylbpmvsvh@hotmail.com
Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="_1baeee5c-8788-401a-9ba8-642c21a8e255_"
Dorothy Johnson <dorothylbpmvsvh@hotmail.com>
Add sender to Contacts
To: <simongcole@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject: Best online Drugstore of 2007 approved by MasterCard and Visa
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 14:31:03 +0000
Importance: High
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Length: 1286

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Sadly that header is most likely worthless :(

These spamming idiots know how to hide themselves :(

Ok thanks, I did try to have a look but I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing. It seemed to point back to hotmail which doesn't help a great deal.

Mark it as spam and move ahead.

As an option, you can search for an email host that features a challenge-response system for spam filtering. Most hosts featuring Cpanel have a free feature called box-trapper. Spammers must reply to a "challenge" email to get their message through to you. This spam fighting technique is very effective. The drawback is that for the first month or so, you spend a lot of time manually white-listing folks who cannot figure out how to respond to the challenge email and newsletter type messages you want to receive; for example that victoria secret newsletter ... err I meant snap-on tools catalog!

There is a pay service that does this as well, if you cannot select your email provider. It lets you consolidate up to 5 email accounts into 1 challenge/response mail account. find spam-arrest here

If anyone knows a free alternative to spam-arrest I'm very interested! - thanks

spammers also had done the sam with me still i didnt get any clues ...so best of luck to you..and if you get it ressolved then let me know also..!!!

If you get Yahoo, they have a great spam filter, my friend has it and she's never got spam in her inbox.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.