Member Avatar for LastMitch

“Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” ― Karl Marx

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him to fish and he sits in a boat and drinks beer all day.

Make a man a fire and he stays warm for a day. Put him on fire and he will be warm forever.

"How tears have filled the eyes. Of friends that you once had walked among." ― Bert Jansch

"If it isn't working, add more features" - Peter Molyneux

A moment of patience in a moment of anger
saves a thousand moments of regret.

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." ~ E.E. Cummings

"You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it." ~ Robert Anthony

I don't write code with bugs in it... I merely include a few unintentional features -- Adam Hyde

When the morning comes,
Only the wind and rocks remain the same.
The rising tide washes away the past,
leaving the sand, a new page to be written on.

An alltime favourite saying of a freshly deceased very close friend of mine.

Rest in peace my friend, you will not be forgotten.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Where there's a will, there's a way. Or as they say in Washington, if you can dream it you can scheme it.

The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs. ― Karl Marx

Night is certainly more novel and less profane than day..

All we have of freedom -- all we use or know --
This our fathers bought for us, long and long ago.

Every step in the progress of this study has tended to obliterate the technical barriers by which logicians have sought to separate the inquiries relating to the several parts of man's nature.

--Richard Owen

We must make the choices that enable us to fulfill the deepest capacities of our real selves. ― Thomas Merton

Oh what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practise to deceive!

-- Sir Walter Scott

"Don't waste your time, get busy." - every parent

My favorite one:
It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. -- Epicurus

"get back to work" - normal boss... if you have a boss or are one.

You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. - Dr. Seuss

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-- Albert Einstein

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. - C.A.R. Hoare

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -- Albert Einstein

"I'd hate to die twice. Its so boring." - Richard Feynman's dying words.

"The natural man has only two primal passions, to get and to beget." - Sir William Osler (Incidentally an alumni of my high school!)

Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
Veni, Vidi, Didici (I came, I saw, I learnt) - Me :)

commented: lol :) +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.