“Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.” ― Karl Marx

Make a man a fire and he stays warm for a day. Put him on fire and he will be warm forever.

"How tears have filled the eyes. Of friends that you once had walked among." ― Bert Jansch

"It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are." ~ E.E. Cummings

"You can have anything you want if you are willing to give up the belief that you can't have it." ~ Robert Anthony

When the morning comes,
Only the wind and rocks remain the same.
The rising tide washes away the past,
leaving the sand, a new page to be written on.

An alltime favourite saying of a freshly deceased very close friend of mine.

Rest in peace my friend, you will not be forgotten.

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Where there's a will, there's a way. Or as they say in Washington, if you can dream it you can scheme it.

The rich will do anything for the poor but get off their backs. ― Karl Marx

Every step in the progress of this study has tended to obliterate the technical barriers by which logicians have sought to separate the inquiries relating to the several parts of man's nature.

--Richard Owen

We must make the choices that enable us to fulfill the deepest capacities of our real selves. ― Thomas Merton

My favorite one:
It is not so much our friends' help that helps us, as the confidence of their help. -- Epicurus

You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in. - Dr. Seuss

Edited by LastMitch: grammer

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
-- Albert Einstein

There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. - C.A.R. Hoare

"The natural man has only two primal passions, to get and to beget." - Sir William Osler (Incidentally an alumni of my high school!)

Veni, Vidi, Vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) - Julius Caesar
Veni, Vidi, Didici (I came, I saw, I learnt) - Me :)

Votes + Comments
lol :)
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.