I am just graduating and about to do online classes at Phoenix University. What are the rewarding IT fields. I am leaning toward information technology and information technology/network. Right now i just want my AA degree. Any help would be appreciated please list salary and degree.

I am just graduating and about to do online classes at Phoenix University. What are the rewarding IT fields. I am leaning toward information technology and information technology/network. Right now i just want my AA degree. Any help would be appreciated please list salary and degree.

Hi justinfb.
Phoenix..mmm, would that be Arizona? Anyhow I just thought I'd let you know from down here in OZ, my daughter did an IT and Physics degree here at Sydney U. After graduation she worked at a couple of large corporations and found it soooo boring. In the end she joined the Royal Australian Navy, officer entry. After five years now she's loving it and has just recently been advised she'll be eligible for promotion soon to Lt. Cmdr. The pay isn't as great as in civvy life and I expect the US forces to be much the same. But in her short time, Keira has visited the US twice, Malaysia, the Persian Gulf (onboard her current ship) and most of Asia. Her position in the Navy is a Electronics Warfare Officer (EWO), But with there are a number of fields you can expect to be qualified for, especially with the Air Force or Marines. Hope this helps you out.
Puddlejumper.
P.S. Though the pay is not large by civilian standards, it's still reasonable and in the Navy, you can save heaps.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.